C-2 Visa - U.S Area Immigration Services in India

C-2 Visa

The C-2 transit visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to travel to and from the United Nations. C-2 visas are valid for up to 29 days. C-2 visa holders may not change their status. Under certain circumstances, this visa may be used for aliens in transit and crew members. The C-2 Visa may be used to travel to the UN by an individual who is engaged in the United Nations.

Note: Separate C-2 visa must be needed for each family member, which will allow the entire family to travel through the U.S. freely.

You may petition for the C visas in person or by mail. Please contact the USCIS Branch, U.S. Embassy, or U.S. Consular office that has jurisdiction over the location of your home.

Eligibility Criteria
To obtain a C-2 visa, you are required to consider following conditions:

  • The maximum period of stay should be limited to 29 days.
  • Permission needed to move into the country of your destination (passport with valid visa).
  • Exit from the headquarters only in connection with your departure from the U.S.
  • Your visit to the UN must be limited to the immediate district of the UN Headquarters District, lying within 25-miles of New York City, New York, Columbus Circle; any exception to this requires an appropriate visa.

Duration of Stay

You are required to leave the U.S. as per maximum period limitation of 29 days stay on C-2 visa onto your proposed flight or ship of departure or by 29 days, whichever is earlier.